Isla had her check up at Children’s this week… and it went really well! Our Doctor said her heart looked NORMAL on the Echo and EKG… yes, you read that right- NORMAL! It was music to our ears! She seems to be getting better and better each time we go. Because we don’t know why she has PH and we can’t tell what the pressures are without doing a heart cath, the plan is to leave her on the meds for now. We will go back again in 3 months and if everything looks good at that time, then we will start decreasing the SubQ meds. Our Doctor thinks it would be best to keep her on the pump through the winter, just to be safe. So, the hope if to have her off the pump by March and then she will continue her oral meds for “a while”. One scary thing is we will have to do another heart cath within 2 weeks of getting her off the pump, which will require her going under anesthesia. We are dreading that, but know it needs to be done. It’s just hard to think about because of what happened last time, but she will be older and stronger by then, so we just have to focus on that.
Isla is still on night time oxygen, so they are going to do a sleep study on her for two nights. One night with oxygen and one night without, to determine if she can come off. We will do that after our beach vacation, so we have rented a concentrator to bring with us on the plane and to have while we are away. That should be an adventure!
We are definitely heading in the right direction, slowly but surely. I leave you with some pictures of Isla waiting for the Doctor and a picture from last weekend of Isla and her adorable cousins!